SMART PARKING CHALLENGE
The City of Porto is very ambitious to improve the situation around their parking spaces, to give users the most seamless way of using their available parking spaces, and to simply provide better services for its citizens. Always with the goal in mind to ease the citizen’s life in various areas of the city.
The Challenge is to offer the citizens a mobile app that provides better services to the citizens through intelligent capabilities, such as :
• Gain better overview of available parking spaces in the city
• Allow to make pre-reservation of parking spaces
• Provide app-based payment for parking
• Show real-time information about parking occupancy
• Navigate the user to an available parking spot
OPEN CALL WINNER
Bitmakeremerged as winning bidder from the EMBERS Open Call and is developing the solution from scratch in close collaboration with Ubiwhere and the Municipality of Porto. As a company, Bitmaker is a software design & business team that creates high quality, beautifully designed and business-oriented products, on time! The company was founded in 2012 and holds around 25 employees. Bitmaker help clients from different industries and domains to grow, by developing customer-based solutions.
The Solution comprises a mobile app with the following features:
• Route navigation to an available parking space
• Pre-reservation of available parking space
• Payment of the parking through the app
• Visualization of parking occupancy on map
This is our Call…What’s yours?
THIS PROJECT HAS RECEIVED FUNDING FROM THE EUROPEAN UNION’S HORIZON 2020 RESEARCH AND INNOVATION PROGRAMME UNDER GRANT AGREEMENT NO 687992
Find the public documents delivered to the European Commission on this page